Sunday, June 12, 2011

unintentional innuendo

work chat. brilliantly uncomfortable for all parties. all because i was sipping a coke.

male work-associate: is vanilla coke so much better than regular coke?
me: yes. 
so certain are you
yes. 
well, i guess that settles it
it does. 
i guess me question is: i was never a coke guy, but does is the vanilla taste way different?
yes. 
what do you usually drink?
because this is nectar. no lie. 
sprite
i tend to obey my thirst
lame joke?
maybe
gross. 
to the drink AND the joke. 
yeah, i tried
sometime, you need to pour me a little drop of it into a cup
i want to sample your nectar
whoa!
that sounded messed up
so sorry
whoa. that's actionable. 
really
did not mean it like that
coming attraction: sexual harassment seminar. 
next week. 
huh
well, some time let me have some vanilla coke
that's all
nothing else implied
and that is the end of this ill-fated and somewhat ill-conceived conversation
fair enough. 


fin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment